Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kenny Chesney Live at Lambeau Field

For Aunt Gretchen's Birthday, Uncle Scott surprised her with an RV packed with close friends.  Dad and I met up with them also as a surprise and went to see Kenny Chesney at the home of the World Champions of Super Bowl 2011, the Green Bay Packers.  I have always wanted to go to Lambeau Field, so I jumped at the opportunity to go there to see my future husband, Kenny Chesney.  (Hint! Hint!  Aunt Gretchen and Uncle Scott, hook me up!)  This trip was a blast.
Yes, this is a picture of an RV in an airport.  This was also my ride.
Aunt Gretchen, Uncle Scott and I cruising in the RV on the way to Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Dad and I "honing our skills" for the concert.  Is that a goatee?
A bar on wheels.  The perfect tailgating asset.  The people next to us in the parking lot were tailgating in this.  They had a full bar behind the counter.  Aunt Gretchen decided we HAD to introduce ourselves.
Happy Birthday Aunt Gretchen! (In the tailgating bar on wheels)
Lambeau Field!
This is the coolest sidewalk ever!  It is right next to their practice field.
These signs are all over the stadium.
Dad and the one and only, Vince Lombardi.
The back gate to Lambeau Field.
All of the signs around here are of football players, but this one is by far the best.
Billy Currinton took the stage after Uncle Kracker, before the Zac Brown Band and Kenny Chesney.  He has some great songs that I never knew he sang.
Super Bowl Champions 2011.
Dad and I before the concert.
The Zac Brown Band.  Notice he is wearing a green and yellow beanie to support the Packers.
Uncle Scott and Aunt Gretchen having a great time.
The suspense was killing me.
And then he came out of the sky, it was so cool.
We were pretty far away, so it was easiest to watch the big screens.
Cool lighting effects, makes him look like he is glowing.
The stadium was completely packed.
This was taken towards the end of the show.  The cool thing about this concert was the he brought out all of the previous opening singers and they all performed a grand finale.  I don't know of any other musicians who do that.
Mike McCarthy, Kenny Chesney, and the Lombardi trophy.  Now that is cool!  Kenny brought him out at the end of the show and he was carrying the trophy.  The crowd went nuts.

Kenny playing one of my favorites, "Summertime".


No comments:

Post a Comment