Saturday, November 19, 2011

Women's National Game, November 19th, 2011

The United States Women's National Soccer team played the Swedish National team in Glendale, Arizona today.  I worked for months trying to organize a trip through the school so that I could take several of my soccer players down to watch.  Once the trip got approved, 15 girls jumped at the chance and I got to take them to this once in a lifetime opportunity.  What made this opportunity even more exciting was two-fold.  The United States lost to them 2-1 during the 2011 Women's World cup this summer, and we have an exchange student from Sweden!!!

My girls before the game.  

The field: what a beautiful sight!

Kirby, Ellie, Mady, Lindsey and Jordyn.

Meaghan, Andrea, Martina, Margaret, Shannon, and Sonja.

The National Teams.

Sanna singing the Swedish National anthem.

Margaret, Shannon, Sonja, Effie, Haley and Taylor.

All 15 girls and I after the game.

Alex Morgan, the new superstar and only 21 years old!  How jealous am I!!!

Jordyn, Lindsey, Ellie, and Mady trying to get autographs after the game.   Only Lindsey was able to get Alex Morgan's autograph.

Heather O'Reilly.

Shannon, Mady, Lindsey and Jordyn.

Sweden 1, USA 1.

Shannon, Mady and Lindsey.

Jordyn, Taylor, Ellie, Shannon, Mady, and Lindsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment